Employees are the core axis to any company especially here at The Life & Style Guild, they are the drivers who steer a company to success or over the cliff. They give their relentless efforts, time and intellectual abilities in ensuring that a company is properly functioning in all the departments of a large organization or that small business. The duties of the tea girl or those of the leading sales person may be different in terms of the job description and salary range, but the degree of dedication could count as equal. It is therefore important to note that all employees in an organization are equally as important to the successful operation of the organization.
As March 1st rapidly approaches, employee appreciation day, employers will be scratching their heads wondering how to effectively recognize their top performers among other employees in their organization. There are a few ways in which an employer can appreciate their employees; through employee service awards, employee appreciation gifts.
Why are Employee Service Rewards and Appreciation Gifts Important for an Organization?
1. Serving a greater purpose- through employee appreciation gifts & awards, employees feel that their efforts are not in vain and serve a greater purpose apart from the end of the month pay check. Everyone wants to feel that they serve a greater purpose than just paying bills.
2. Feeling that they are part of a family’- Spending Christmas with your family giving each other gifts and opening the gifts makes you feel more together. It’s the same way it does with employee. It strengthens the bond shared between colleagues and also between employees and employers. As an employer you need this.
3. Extra push- an employer needs to have that secret weapon on how to give their employees an extra push to help the organization cross the line. It could be in terms of sales targets, or certain deadlines. Motivation gets the job done, but appreciation works like a charm.
To give you an idea of an award http://www.reiteroofing.com was awarded as the top reiter roofer in philadelphia and http://www.drroof.com was awarded as the top dr. roofer in atlanta and both were awarded gifts from angie’s list. They were given ways to promote this on their websites and social media to let everyone know.
Now you know why you should put some extra effort come March 1st in trying to appreciate your employees. So where do you start with your employee service awards ideas, or what do you need to know?
Five ways/Tips to cost effectively show appreciation to your employees
1. You don’t have to wait for that single day in the year to appreciate your employees. Send them an email singling them out for their individual progress, achievement, anniversary with the organization etc.
2. Award them with an item with the emblem of the organization, it is one of the most traditional’ ways used, but it still works.
3. Mention their name and achievement in a meeting congratulating them for their efforts and commitment.
4. Issuing them with a certificate of appreciation to commend them for their efforts.
5. Ask them to make a speech during a meeting and give advice or encouragement to the rest of the team.
These are only but a few of the many gestures that you could use to appreciate your employees. It is also important to note that appreciation is not the same as motivation, and it has to be sincere.